If you have an old picture window that needs replacement, you may be wondering how to go about it. Fortunately, this is a relatively simple process, and it does not require any complicated moving parts. Instead, picture windows simply require the replacement of the glass. Here are some things you should know when replacing your picture window. Read on to learn more. - You may need a building permit to replace a picture window. If so, you need to hire a licensed contractor.
- The cost of a picture window installation depends on the size and type of your window. It can cost anywhere from $200 to $1,150, depending on the material you choose. If you choose to have your old picture window removed, you may incur an additional fee of $50 to $200. While this may seem like an expensive process, you may be able to save money by avoiding the cost of a window replacement by doing it yourself.
- Your climate will determine which materials are best for your picture window replacement project. Some window materials will be more suitable for sunny climates than others. If you are considering replacing three or more windows, you can save money on the installation costs. Aside from this, you can also get a cheaper price by choosing a lower number of windows for your home. If you opt for this method, the installation cost will be significantly reduced. And since your windows will be installed in several rooms, you'll have a better chance of getting a lower estimate.
- Picture windows are more energy efficient. Because they have no moving parts, they require less maintenance than other types of windows. Picture windows are also often larger than vent windows. That means that they can provide more light to a room. They are a good choice for homeowners who want a modern look while still allowing in fresh air. So, what are the benefits of getting a picture window replacement? Consider the following. You'll be happy you did.
- The cost of a picture window replacement depends on its size. Most homeowners will spend between $500 and $1,300 for a six-foot by four-foot picture window with an aluminum frame. You can find smaller widths for less than $300 and smaller ones for around $500. Likewise, larger windows will require larger frames and a cumbersome glass. So, you'll pay a lot more than you'd expect for a simple window replacement.
- A picture window with an arch or a circle top is commonly known as a half-circle window. This type is most often used in rooms with higher ceilings and is designed to let in additional sunlight. It can also be used to add unique views from a stairwell. - An arch top picture window, also known as an eyebrow window, is often used with another type of window, most commonly a glass door.
Current Promotion Exceptions
Buy One, Get One 40% OFF! Plys $200 off your whole project. NO Payments, NO interest, NO money down for 12 months!*
*Offer cannot be combined with other promotions. Minimum purchase of 4 windows required.
Do Not Call Info